Instant Pot Creamy Parmesan Chicken And Rice
Instant Pot Creamy Parmesan Chicken and Rice is one of the most decadent and delectable dinners. With savoury mushrooms, tender rice, and juicy chicken, it’s a winner, winner, chicken dinner!
Instant pots are a dream appliance since they are faster, more forgiving, and create spectacular food. Try these instant pot favourites like this Lemon Garlic Chicken, 10-minute Spaghetti, and Chili.
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
Everyone has those days that there is just not enough hours in the day to get everything done. Then when it is dinner time you have no time to cook what you had planned. This is when the instant pot creamy parmesan chicken and rice recipe comes to save the day. The cream and parmesan create such a dreamy creamy texture your whole family is going to love. Tender and juicy bites of chicken provide flavour and protein. And don’t forget the mushrooms. They add a great umami flavour to this delicious instant pot chicken and rice. It is the perfect chicken and rice combination!
Chicken and rice is a portion of great comfort food. With the sensational creaminess and flavour, it just fills you up perfectly. Instant pot chicken and rice is just one way to enjoy this comfort food. For more chicken and rice variations, try my casserole, one pan or this fiesta skillet recipe. Serve any of these main dishes with a batch of rolls and a nice green salad. Now you have a complete dinner that everyone will love!
Creamy Parmesan Chicken and Rice Ingredients
Simple ingredients create this incredible chicken dish—no creamed soups in this instant pot chicken and rice. The pressure cooker does the work by infusing the chicken with flavour and creating tender rice. This comes together quickly.
- Olive Oil: For sautéing
- Onion: Finely chopped.
- Chicken: Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Italian Seasoning: A perfect blend of spices.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste
- Chicken Broth: Creates the flavour and cooks the rice.
- Rice: Rinse your rice. I used jasmine
- Mushrooms: Sliced or roughly chopped
- Heavy Whipping Cream: This creates the creaminess of the dish.
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese: If you have it, freshly grated is best.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste
- Chopped Parsley and Freshly shredded Parmesan Cheese for Garnish
Making Chicken and Rice in the Instant Pot
Just a little bit of sautéing is all you need to do, and then let the instant pot take over with chicken and rice. A quick 8 minutes is all you need once it comes to pressure. Dinner is on the table in no time.
- Sauté: Set the instant pot to sauté. Add in olive oil and onion.
- Stir. Cook until it is almost tender and then add the chicken. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Continue to sauté until no longer pink.
- Combine: Add in the chicken broth, rice, and mushrooms. Cover your instant pot and make sure it is in the sealed position. Cook on manual high for 8 minutes.
- Release: Carefully quick release the remaining pressure.
- Finish it: Stir in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Serve with freshly shredded cheese and chopped parsley for garnish.
Tips for Amazing Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
Creating this instant pot chicken and rice is super simple. Anyone can do it. Here are a few tips to make it irresistible.
- Chicken: You can use chicken breasts or chicken thighs in this dish. Be sure to cut the chicken into the same bite-sized pieces. This way, the chicken will cook evenly.
- Mushrooms: If you don’t love mushrooms, you can leave them out altogether or sub them out for zucchini, squash or broccoli.
- Rice: This instant pot chicken and rice recipe is written for white rice. Brown rice will take longer to cook, so I don’t recommend it. I used jasmine rice in this recipe, and it was delicious. Basmati is another great choice.
- Creaminess: Instant pot chicken and rice is almost a risotto type consistency and texture.
- Overcook: Don’t leave the chicken and rice to release naturally. It will overcook the chicken and create a gluey rice consistency. You want to release quickly once the timer goes off.
- Can I use Whole Chicken? This instant pot recipe is written for chicken already cut up. Using whole chicken would increase the cooking time and overcook the rice.
- Leftovers: Keep leftovers in the fridge tightly sealed for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave till it just warmed through.
Are You New to the Instant Pot Family?
If you are new to using the instant pot, welcome to the family! This instant pot chicken and rice is the perfect recipe to break in your new appliance. Here are some tips about your incredible appliance!
- How it works: Instant pots are a form of pressure cookers. They work by creating heat and trapping it in a tight seal. This allows the temperature to be much higher than the boiling point of water, and the steam can’t escape. The steam cooks the food much more quickly than the traditional stovetop or oven cooking.
- Can they explode? There is that underlying fear the first time you use your instant pot that the pressure is going to build and explode. But unlike the pressure cookers of old, today’s instant pots have built-in sensors (about 10 of them) that will turn the cooker off or reduce pressure if they detect anything wrong. You should be safe as long as you use it properly.
- Why are they so great? Instant pots are kitchen marvels. They are used for a rice cooker, vegetable steamer, and roast cooker. If you can cook it in the slow cooker or oven, you can probably cook it in the instant pot in less time. They enhance the flavour of your dish by literally forcing flavour into your dish. And my favourite reason I love instant pots is that when I come home from a long day and realize I didn’t get any chicken out of the freezer for dinner, it doesn’t matter. I can cook the chicken from frozen and have tender, juicy chicken ready to eat in about an hour.
- Do Read Your Manual! There are dos and don’ts to using an Instant Pot. It’s important to get to know yours, so read the manual carefully and often.
Instant Pot Creamy Parmesan Chicken and Rice
Have one of the most decadent and delectable dinners in no time with this Instant Pot Creamy Parmesan Chicken and Rice. With savoury mushrooms, tender rice, and juicy chicken, it’s a winner, winner, chicken dinner!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.